Monday, June 2, 2008

I don't wanna brag or anything

but it's a pretty big deal!

As of this week I will be down to one credit card. I hear your judgements: "Gee, what do you want a pony?"... "Yeah, I've always had only one"... "But how much do have left on your last one?" And you know what?
1) I would like a pony, but would prefer a monkey or a goose 2) congrats to you and 3) kind of a lot, but with all this nonsense we are getting off track.



I may or may not have spent a rather obscene amount of money approximately a year and 1/2 ago loving life. You know what I've learned? Sometimes loving life is rather costly and also sometimes I can't afford to do it. But, you know who can? Discover Card, American Express, and Visa. So I made friends with these three and had a kick ass time for about 3 months. Granted, I've been paying for it ever since, but have not once regretted it.

In fact, my excitement about paying off these pieces of plastic that harbor my debt is two fold. One, I would like to have more opportunities for saving and reallocate my income. Freedom! Also, I would like to feel like, if the opportunity arose, I could frivolously spend money I don't have again. One of the largest frustrations I have with debt is the feeling that I can no longer acquire more. I, for the last year of my life, have been at my personal maximum capacity of debt and it's damn near suffocating. Have no fear, the end is near.

Holler

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Holler.

Unknown said...

So, as you seem to have the debt monkey already set squarely upon thine back we should...look into getting you a goose?

Unknown said...

You're kind of a big deal.

Unknown said...

Credit Cards are like monopoly in real life the first time around you only pay a little “Oh take your 2 dollars psssh that’s nothing I have thousands of fake dollars”, but sooner or later as the game goes on your going to land on boardwalk with a hotel and you kick your self because you were the desperate one and sold that shit to the guy that had park place (sure you got your debt paid off but then you had to pay it all back to Mr. Boardwalk Asshole who you didn’t even want to come over). To bad credit cards you can’t box up and then leave in your closet and forget about why you rarely play, until bust it out and 20 hours later and you finally figure out oh yeah this shit never ends and I hate this game. Well I guess I really hate monopoly ha ha. Congrates on paying that shit make sure once its all paid off you put it in the closet and make sure you don’t play often.