Thursday, June 12, 2008

"I'm only doing karaoke if they have Fergalicious....

... if they have Fergalicious I'm going to kill myself"
Sometimes we put ourselves in situations that we don't want to be in. Everyone does it. A lot of times this will happen when someone says something like the above that he or she will immediately regret.

"They have Fergalicious!!!." Your regret is often validated when the situation is actualized.

Sometimes you can alleviate this by dragging someone through the embarrassment with you. "Fine, I'll do it, but only if you'll be my backup dancer." Many of you may not know the importance of a backup dancer. I don't want to brag, but it's a pretty important role.

Lets's go back, set the scene. Going away work party at Risky Business. Normally I find Risky's business to be rather low-key and not at all risky as the name may suggest, but something was different about this particular occasion. Teammate and I obviously start the evening each with "1/2 gallon" of Blue Moon. It was not an actual 1/2 gallon, although it could have been and I wouldn't know, but it was big. The bartender actually judged us when we ordered it. First of all, Sir, I am actually 23 so don't look at my license like it's a cheap knockoff. Secondly, I would, in fact, like a giant beer. Pronto. Stat. And thank you. So we depart the presence of Captain Shenanigans the bartender who later reveals his name is John, bad choice revealer. Knowing his name made it a lot easier to shout it from across the bar. We head to the table of coworkers who were not judging us for our large beers but instead were spilling their own. Misuse of resources I say, but whatever, it happens. Lots of fun with the Co-workers. "Dance more!"

A round of shots, gallons of Blue Moon, spinach dip, and several conversations later we come to find that 1) only 5 people can really and truly hang on a Wednesday night and 2) it just so happens to be karaoke night.

Ok, now we're all on the same page. 5 people, Fergalicious, backup dancer. Picture it cause it was fantastic. Notable quotes:
"I hope you enjoy.... your train ride."
"I love protein bars."
"I enjoy Blue Moon because it is nutritious.... yeah, it has vitamins.... the orange, hello?"
"Vitamins are awesome! Say something bad about vitamins, I dare you!"
"You can't even spell fat."

Leave a comment and let me know of your office related shenanigans:)
We'll miss you Jesi!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

omg this is the best blog ever and i wish i would have stayed for the full version and not got it through conversations later love you love your blog always
jay gibb

Unknown said...

I actually read one of your blogs. Let me just say i really wish i would of thought twice about going to the baseball game. Why didnt some one video tape your night? i think you can make a youtube show out of your drunkin evenings. Cheers!!! too Gallons o' Beer

Unknown said...

I must say that Fergalicious truly made my night unforgettable. Both singer and back up dancer showed great talent Thank you both :-)

I love protein bars.

HEART YOU GUYS!

Stevenolli said...

It saddens me I am missing ridiculousness with Mur Bur. But I am also excited to see you can be ridiculous no matter where you are.
WHO PICKED FERGIE!?