Thursday, April 2, 2009

What does your city's airport say about you?

Thought I'd compile some general impressions about places based solely on their airports. I narrowed it to a few that stood out in my mind, but I encourage you to expand the list. Leave a comment, add on to an airport listed below, or differ from my opinions.


Tucson Airport
We're simple yet efficient and we think international travel means going to Mexico.









Dallas Airport (Things seriously are bigger in Texas)
"Go big or ... don't land in our f***ing airport."





Las Vegas Airport (vivaaaaaaaaaa las vegas)

The fun starts here and it ends here. Also, we have a gambling addiction






Atlanta Airport
We may seem ghetto, but we're really fabulous.
(C'mon, you saw The Real Housewives of Atlanta)







San Jose, Costa Rica Airport
Realmente tenemos gusto de los taxis. Seriously.










JFK- New York Airport
Sink or swim we don't care, we've got much more important things to worry about.


I know you've got at least one airport experience that makes you want to add to this list... don't be shy...

9 comments:

Michael Chansley said...

At least the Tucson and LV airports both have Free Wi-Fi. Atlanta has a good airport too. San Diego is by far the best! Ocean views, free wi-fi, international flights :)

Mariah said...

San Diego is pretty much the best at everything! That's why I'm going there in two weeks!

Unknown said...

As someone who was just in the ATL airport--apparently the dirty south also like things big. It took me 30 min to navigate their baggage claim!

norabee said...

I agree with your brilliant insight on SD. Give me a call so we can catch up when you are here!

Unknown said...

The Sacramento Airport is about as great as Tucson! I don't fly nuch, but it was the first Airport I've been to where you dont get off the plain at a gate...You take the stairs down to the ground and walk in

Unknown said...

haha... so I decided to read your other grammar blog and realized that I spelled plain not plane... I apologize and dont tell all of your friends about this. And I will continue to use a thousand periods to seperate my thoughts.

Jimmy G said...

San Diego - we can't take off before 6:30am because we're still sobering up.

Mariah said...

Jimmy G I completely agree. love San Diego. Bar crawling next Sat

Getta Stone said...

Brent--it is sepArate. it's okay though, you are going to be an engineer. Also, can I just say that ATL airport smells like KFC...and that says a lot about Atlanta, racism not intended.