Friday, May 1, 2009

I'm practically an auto mechanic

I have a pie chart that proves it.

I spent a lot of effort trying to switch out my headlight which is burnt out.

1) I went to Auto Zone, grew impatient with the wait to receive computational product look up assistance, and left.
2) I went to a second auto zone, was assisted in finding the correct product, and - after a long wait and sun beaming into my retina - purchased the merch.
3) I came home, parked my car, popped the hood.
4) I manually lifted the hood to the sky to assess the situation.
5) I peered into the left headlight socket region.
6) I gently pulled on a piece of a dirty under-car contraption that did not move.
7) I reached far left with my left arm and upwards with my right arm and manually closed the hood.

No, my light was not magically changed in the above course of steps, but progress was made. Conclusions were developed. My right index finger and thumb had car remnants.

It's pretty official. I am a mechanic.

10 comments:

Zack said...

Right index AND thumb? I'm pretty sure that makes you a master mechanic.

Unknown said...

So...your light is still out?

Derek in the City! said...

where's the pie chart!?

Sara said...

Haha - this is far more than I would've attempted. Good job - even if the light is still out. Thank goodness I have John.

Mariah said...

1) yes, my headlight is still out
2) The pie chart is tied up in the R&D dept. and should be available shortly

DAVID said...

Don't you have a Boy-toy to do all that intense mechanicing?

Scott Lau said...

If you need help, just ask. It's easy - 215.740.4317. \

Scott

Scott Lau said...

if you want help, just ask - 215.740.4317 - Scott

Mariah said...

The headlight has been changed. I looked in the manual. Apparently it is easy. Plus, using the manual I was able to give me loving boyfiend instructions. Thanks babe.

Unknown said...

Your welcome... It took me hours and hours, but we got it done as a team right?